понедельник, 13 октября 2008 г.

cedar grove middle




Okay - Iapos;ve sat on this a week, and I just keep getting more worked up about it. Time to let it out.

Last weekend - Sunday, to be exact - I finally contacted Conor and told him I wanted my vacuum cleaner back. I would have let it go if it were just any vacuum, but this one is a $500 Dyson.

He texted me and told me he was at home and I could come get it. But he also asked when I thought I could pay him back for the move.

Background: I moved to Portland in June under the impression that Conor and I would move in together. By July, Iapos;d found a place and started purchasing furniture before he broke up with me. So, I was already out money and already moved and in a bad position by the time I realized I was going to have to do this alone. Iapos;ve spent three times as much money as Iapos;d expected on this move, and the only thing he paid for were the actual movers.

On the movers: They were supposed to bring my stuff to my house. They didnapos;t. They were supposed to contact me when they came into town. They didnapos;t. They were supposed to charge us $1600; by the time it was done, it was over $2000 (including the ridiculous tip Conor gave them). And because Conor didnapos;t get my stuff packed and friends had to come THE DAY BEFORE THE MOVERS SHOWED UP to hurriedly pack my stuff, a lot of my things got broken.

Oh, and Iapos;m still missing stuff, and Conor still hasnapos;t given me the contract so I can contact them and see if I can figure out where my shit is. Iapos;ve asked half a dozen times, then gave up when 45 days had passed. So Iapos;m out stuff as well, because he couldnapos;t be bothered.

You can imagine, then, how angry I was that he asked me to pay for half of the move. Iapos;ve already given him part of it anyway, when I was still trying to be friendly, but thereapos;s still a matter of about $600, which doesnapos;t even cover the books Iapos;m still missing.

My thought process goes a bit like this: Conor has not honored a single commitment he made to me about this move. He hasnapos;t even bothered to tell me why he broke up with me, and heapos;s admitted that he didnapos;t put any effort toward trying to be a friend to me. Heapos;s been horrible and shitty...and honestly, I canapos;t think of one good reason I should honor giving him that money.

Iapos;m writing this for two reasons. The first is that I want this venom out of me - it hurts, it pisses me off, and it eats at me. So I put it here and hope it dissipates.

The second, though, is more important. In my state, Iapos;m pretty sure Iapos;m responding emotionally to this situation and am not thinking clearly. Iapos;d like to know if anyone out there thinks I should reconsider and pay him back. Before I write him a "f^$ you" letter, I thought Iapos;d ask what others thought. Am I just being cruel? Is my thought process valid? Your thoughts would be appreciated.
cedar grove middle, cedar grove middle school, cedar grove mo.



Комментариев нет: